We’re going to fix the nvlddmkm.sys error in this article, so stay tuned and keep reading till we finish. Error codes are something that you cannot completely avoid on Windows and other operating systems. Sometimes they just happen and ruin your experience a little.
Every single error has a reliable fix, and you just need to learn that. If you are unable to fix the problem, then do not worry, as we have got you covered in this article.
We will learn everything that you need to fix it.
Let’s dig in…
Fixing nvlddmkm.sys Error
1. Updating Graphic Drivers
This error appears when there are some issues with your graphics settings and drivers, it would be helpful if you update your computer’s graphics drivers. It may also fix this problem on your computer permanently. Whenever you update the drivers, you remove older drivers and install the latest drivers. This can redeem your computer from the ongoing issues with the display problems and errors.
Here is how to update your computer’s graphics driver in the recommended way:
- At the outset, open the start menu of your computer by hitting the Windows button on a keyboard.
- After opening the start menu, search for device manager and then open it as an administrator.
- After that, look for the display drivers.
- Uninstall the existing drivers from your computer by right-clicking on them and choosing the uninstall option.
- Now navigate to the official website of your computer’s graphic card to download its latest drivers.
- For example, if your computer has an NVIDIA graphics card, simply visit NVIDIA’s official website on your web browser.
- There, select your computer model and download the compatible graphics card drivers.
- After downloading the graphic card drivers, please locate the downloaded file and install it using the steps on your screen.
- Finally, reboot your computer and see if you have resolved the problem. Millions of users have successfully fixed this error using this method. If you are unable to solve this error using this method, then don’t worry and pay attention to the next method.
2. Updating OS
Windows update is capable of updating missing and corrupt drivers on your computer. Not only that, but it also detects ongoing technical issues and incompatibility problems on your computer. So running Windows update can be beneficial. It will help you a lot if you update your Windows operating system to the latest version using the windows update services.
Here is how to make it happen:
- Make sure you have a broadband or powerful internet connection with plenty of data.
- Now open the settings on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the Update and security title.
- It will now automatically scan for the available updates.
- Within a few minutes, it will show you whether your computer needs updates or not. If your computer is using an older operating system version, you will see some controls on the screen to update it to the latest version.
- Just follow the screen instructions, and you will be able to fix the nvlddmkm.sys problem using the windows update service.
3. Underclocking the Graphics Processing Unit
As this problem occurs when there are some issues related to the Graphics Processing Unit on a computer, underclocking the GPU will help. Many users have solved the error nvlddmkm.sys by underclocking their Graphics Processing Unit. You may also be able to do so by doing the same thing. Here is what you should do:
- First and foremost, download MSI Afterburner on your computer using the web browser.
- Install this utility using the file you downloaded.
- Now please open this tool and then select the option that says Core Clock.
- Now please set the slider as per your preference.
- You have to slide it towards the left side.
- At least underclock the GPU by – 50 units using this slider.
- Once that completes, close the settings and make sure you have saved them.
- Restart your computer to see the changes.
- Hopefully, it will automatically troubleshoot the ongoing issue.
- When you apply all these methods one by one, you will eventually fix the nvlddmkm.sys error.
Thank you for coming here, and we hope you have enjoyed this guide.